Wow, we can't believe the season is over already! Thanks to all involved, BYSA's 26th season has been another great one!
Although the weather may not be ideal, we are going to go forward with our last games of the season at the Rec Field, rain or shine. It will be a cold one, so bundle up! Please plan to attend with your team so that your player can receive his/her award and say a big “Thank you!” to our Coaches and Sponsors.
Tomorrow, we will do things slightly different than we have in years past. At the end of your player’s game, please move to the upper fields (we will have balloons and signs to point you in the right direction) for a quick group presentation. After that, your team will break off and do individual player awards. As we have in the past, games will still end 20 minutes early to allow for these events.
The ice cream truck is BACK! After the awards ceremony your children are all welcome to get one free ice cream from BYSA. Due to the change in our field layout the ice cream truck will be located near the concession stand.
The BYSA board of directors would like hear what you think about our program. We want to improve our program to better suit the needs of our Berwick families, so please take a few minutes and answer the questions on this confidential survey. We take the results of this survey very seriously, so please be honest as you can. Constructive criticism helps us get better!
Thank you so much to everyone, we will certainly miss seeing your smiling faces every Saturday morning!
- Shin guards: Mandatory for everyone. Shin guards must be covered by socks.
- Cleats: Suggested for Mini Mites and Mites players, but mandatory for Bantam, Junior, and Senior players. Soccer cleats do not have a toe cleat.
- Mouth guards: Optional for Mini Mites and Mites players, Strongly recommended for Bantam players, and Mandatory for Junior and Senior players.
- Jewelry: All jewelry must be removed. Including newly pierced earrings.
- Clothes: Shorts or athletic pants of an appropriate length must be worn. When it gets colder, extra layers may be worn under the player's jersey. Sweatshirts, coats, hats, and hoods can be worn on the sidelines only.
- Hair: Only metal-free and plastic-free hair elastics and head bands are permitted. Feathers, tinsel, bandannas, or anything that may require a metal or plastic piece to affix it to the hair are not allowed.
If these guidelines are not met, the player will be told that they can not participate until they have the appropriate safety equipment/dress as stated above.